Hair loss of women is always a big concern than men because dense, gorgeous hair is a sign of beauty. Everyone wants voluminous wavy hair on their scalp. But everyone is not lucky enough. In women, hair loss is caused by different conditions and circumstances. In major cases, men suffer from male pattern baldness.
Some diagnostic tests need to be performed to identify the cause of the hair loss trigger. The main truth of this serious concern is that many patients do not prefer tests because they think hair fall is only caused by an external problem, not an internal reason. But tests are much important to identify certain complications responsible for hair loss.
It is crucial to remember that the correct diagnosis of female hair loss concern usually begins with the process of ejection.
Considerable medical test for hair loss in women
- Hormone level (Testosterone, DHEA, Rostenedione, Prolactin, leutinizing hormone, Follicular stimulating hormone)
- Thyroid level test (T3, T4, TSH)
- Serum ion, serum Ferritin, Total iron-binding capacity(TIBC)
- VDRL ( Medical screening test for syphilis)
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Scalp biopsy (A small part of the scalp, usually 3-4 millimeter in diameter, is eliminated and examined under the microscope to determine the reason for the hair loss
- Hair pulling test: Your Trichologist lightly pulls a small part of your hair (50-100 strands) to identify whether there is excessive loss. If more than three hair comes out, then it is assumed that patient is suffering from intense hair loss.
- Densitometry: The densitometer is a manually controlled magnification device applied to check for the strength of the hair shaft
The measure of information blood tests can supply can frequently be crucial for likely determination in the treatment of going bald and thinning hair. It is generally best for your blood to be taken after you have not taken food for 12 hours, preferably in the first part of the early morning before 11 am, on an unfilled stomach.
How to prepare before the blood test
Visit Understand that most/many specialists or trichologists might utilize the item “Rogaine” as the response to each inquiry you pose. Approach your primary care physician decisively, and disclose to them you’d like a progression of tests done to preclude fundamental conditions. It is entirely conceivable every one of your tests will return ordinary, yet generally, an awkwardness is distinguished. Fixing that unevenness can re-establish your hair.
B12 deficiency can be a big problem of hair loss
Low B12: Another reason for intensive hair loss in women, which is frequently skipped by GP’s. It does not fall under routine blood tests. In most cases, people do not recommend a B12 blood test.
If the amount of concentration is borderline, they do not require any treatment, whereas the minimum level of B12 is 180ng/I; however, maximum healthy people have been tested with B12= 500ng/I. Symptoms of low B12 can be seen when the blood level is reduced below 300ng/I. The symptoms include Breathlessness, palpitation, lack of energy, gum bleeding, mouth ulcer, and hair loss.,
Lack of dietary B12 – typically veggie lovers and vegetarians. B12 is generally found in animal products instead of plants.
Solution – increment dietary B12 or/and consume a B12 supplement.
• Autoimmune – Antibodies to natural factor forestall retention of dietary B12. A blood test for a natural factor can be done to decide whether your concern is your dietary or immune system. In the event that your concern is auto-invulnerable, your GP will do an assist examination to attempt to decide why it has been created. Treatment – long-lasting B12 infusions.
Everyone must be aware of the examination of hormone levels. The doctor may prescribe you to test some hormone level tests Oestrogen (female hormones) and Androgens (male hormones) that the test outcome may show normal level, but both of these crucial hormones can still impact your hair. It completely depends on the sensitivity of your hair follicle and the circulation of hormones.
The doctor may also recommend LFT or liver function test and Kidney Function Test (KFT) Because liver and kidney functions regularly affect your hair and skin; apart from that, Triglycerides and cholesterol are other factors. Which impacts your hair, and the result is thinning hair or hair loss. Doctors perform different tests for multiple degrees of understanding. When your doctor gets the report, it may happen that your trichologist will say everything is perfect in your body. But the actual thing is that different doctors will read your blood reports. Being a trichologist, only hair experts can understand your complication rather than a general physician. He will check and identify how your hormonal concentration impacts your overall health.
Here we discuss the hair fall problem, but do you know that grown hair on your body can be a severe issue. For that, full-body laser hair removal is a great way to stay hair-free and confident always.